The Friend magazine: not just for kids! The January 2019 Friend is full of resources for parents and leaders to implement Come Follow Me at home and in church. Watch for the diamond in the top corner that reads “Come Follow Me.” Here is a selection from the January 2019 Friend in English (see below for Spanish):
- Dice game: “Jesus Learned and Grew.” Activity instructions at the bottom of page 6. Scripture story on page FJ4. Don’t worry about playing the game at church AND at home. Children will want to play it more than once! (How many times do they play their favorite board game?)
- A 52-week reading chart to color in when you read the week’s scriptures from Come Follow Me (usually 10-15 verses per week).
- Advice for parents about scripture study with little ones.
- A year-long activity series, memorizing one sentence each month from The Living Christ. Read a paragraph, memorize one highlighted sentence, and color and cut out a keyword card. This month the word from The Living Christ is “Testimony.”
- Story Testimony Plants” – then send your child’s drawing to the Friend for their Kindness Garden! Here (at the bottom of the page) is how to submit your child’s art.
- Music “Faith“, with a sing-along video at children.lds.org.
- “Learn about Jesus” by President Russell M. Nelson
- Activity “The Scriptures are Special Books.”
Read online at friend.lds.org or subscribe at store.lds.org. You may want to order copies of this special month’s magazine for each of your children, so they will have their own reading chart — or print extra copies online.
Watch for more helps for Come Follow Me in future magazines!