This Primary song is one of my favorites from my own childhood and I don’t hear it sung much in Primaries these days. I am hoping to remind everyone what a great song this is! It is perfect for Primary, Nursery, or during class time! Here’s a fun visual aid you can make and use with the kids while you sing it together. Guest Author Sarah gave me the idea with her “Song Sticks“.
- Print off this page from lds.org. There are 8 faces on each page.
- Cut out each face (I used my circle cutter but you certainly don’t need one to make this work well).
- Laminate each face and cut out again.
- Glue each face to its own tongue depressor (perfect for little hands). I used a hot glue gun but glue dots could work as well. (Oh, and I glued them with the frowny face showing first when you hold the stick because both verses begin with a frown.)
- Pull these out to teach a specific lesson or just as a “break” when someone needs some cheering up. When something insubstantial is making my children grumpy I try my best imitation of their frowny face and I can almost always illicit immediate giggles and dispel the grumpies.
Let the dramatic frowns and gleeful smiles begin!